People Near You

Weird News, strange News, funny News, odd News, Amazing News, Interesting News

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hairy girl's science ambition


Cian Cian /Quirky China News
A five-year-old cruelly nicknamed Monkey Girl wants to become a scientist to find out why she is covered in thick black hair.
Cian Cian lives with her grandparents who regularly shave her face and body to remove her unwanted hair.
Doctors at Tongliang People's Hospital, where Cian Cian was recently treated after suffering an epileptic fit, are mystified by her condition.
Doctor Chu Hongbo said: "There is nothing like this in her family going back three generations so it doesn't appear to be genetic."
Her grandparents say they no longer take Cian Cian into the city because people stare and ask why she's "so hairy".
"Even at kindergarten each morning, people look at her and ask me why she is so hairy. Questions like that make me feel very bad," said the grandma.
The little girl, whose parents are divorced, says classmates at kindergarten in her village near Chonqing tease her.
But she is happy at home, telling the Chongqing Evening Post: "I love my grandparents, especially my grandma, they are good to me.
"I want to be a scentist when I grow up so I can find out what's wrong with me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visits