People Near You

Weird News, strange News, funny News, odd News, Amazing News, Interesting News

Friday, July 16, 2010

Artist creates works out of dollar bills

Dollar bill art Rex 

A highly-paid businesswoman gave up her job to establish an art career creating works made entirely out of dollar notes.
Irina Truhanova from Latvia sketches an outline before filling it in with snippets of the bills, reports Rex.
Her creations include Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, a geisha, a Bentley car and the Statue of Liberty.
Truhanova said: "I wanted to create mosaics that personified freedom, independence, business and capital, and using real US currency seemed to fit this perfectly.
"I received requests for commissions very quickly and within a few months I realised I could stop using my office job to make money and support myself by making money pictures full-time."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visits